Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jerry Marotta

In my recent travels to Europe, I had the privilege and honor to share the stage with great drummer, Jerry Marotta.

I was listening so hard to hear everything Jerry was doing .... he is an impeccable time keeper and deep rhythm painter, ......there are subtle and sensitive undertows in his playing....like a gang of butterflies flying to the beat of a hummingbird's heart.... I think Jerry carries 'gentle winged creatures' around in his stick bag or something. Seriously, there is a feeling that a whole different level of composition is going on beneath a rock hard beat...it was really weird, you can hear it if you listen to him play closely and you can really feel it..... a pull....that subtle undertow of complexity even though on the top it is a solid wall of rhythm that you can lean into and immediately trust.....and lots of space... he lets the music breathe. What a great experience....... I'm really excited and inspired by this drummer and this whole musical encounter. It was so lovely to play with both Guillermo and Jerry in France and Madrid; it was an experience I will remember all my life.

Love and peace to you and all in your heart, Linda

1 Comments:

Blogger Pokol said...

Hi Linda!!!

How's life??? Marta here, from Madrid. I was talking to Claudio the other day. Let me know if you ever come over for a visit!!!

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home