Monday, March 20, 2006

Mexicali, Mexico

I've just returned from Mexicali, MX. I stayed for nearly two weeks and I had such a great time. Whenever I go to Mexicali, the people are so loving and kind to me that I feel all filled up......on music, laughter, friendship. We played two concerts after the Baja Prog Festival. One concert was in Tijuana and the other in Mexicali. I have photos that I will post soon. Friday night's concert in Mexicali was a truly beautiful experience. There were three performances by three different bands. CAST, eZOO and CLAUDIO CORDERO. It was an honor to share the stage with these wonderful musicians and human beings. eZOO did the first set, so it was great to be able to listen to the other bands after our performance. The sound was great, and that is always a pleasure. CAST was exceptional that evening and has recently released Mosaïque, a double CD comprised of new and old but unreleased songs. CLAUDIO CORDERO did an extremely powerful set also; he is a visiting artist from Chile and a truly gifted guitarist and musician. He is the guitarist of the band MATRAZ and is also presenting his self-titled solo project. And eZOO.......well, anyone who knows me, knows that I love these guys..........Kiko King, Carlos Humaran and Flavio Miranda and we will be going into the studio with Tim Alexander at the end of this month to record the eZOO debut cd! Everyone did such a fine job that evening; I was really proud to be a part of the concert. And..........all the bands and friends of the bands had a great time when we weren't playing too........much laughter, friendship and craziness! For more information on these bands, please check out : www.castlives.com, www.claudiocordero.net and www.ezooband.com and I'll be posting photos of everyone in the next day or so.
Good night, Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home