Saturday, February 11, 2006

Captivated by the Sagrada Familia

When Guillermo Cides and I decided to collaborate on the CCA project, we both felt it would be great to do some recording in Spain. Considering it a working "holiday," I arrived in Madrid just in time to take a taxi to the venue where the Electrick Consort would share the stage with the California Guitar Trio. It was a very special concert in that I had never heard CGT before and they were really amazing musicians, I had the chance to spend time with my friend Guillermo and the boys in Electrik Consort and........it was my birthday and I was spending it in Madrid! haha! The next day or so we all drove to Barcelona where I stayed in an apartment located just a few blocks from the Sagrada Familia, the incredible Gaudi work in progress. I have many photos of this cathedral, inside, outside and hanging from the rafters (just kidding, but I did some dangerously crazy things to get some photos)......I was mesmerized by this place and walked there many days to get photos in the early morning and at times in the shadows of night. My webmaster Bill will probably have to set up a whole page just for these photos alone. Okay, more photos coming up! good nite, Linda Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home